Thursday 10 January 2013

Bioré Triple Action Toner [REVIEW]

My current toner at the moment is this Bioré toner.

To me it's a very strong toner and I don't think it's suitable for young skin or sensitive skin. It is oil-free with Salicylic Acid and Witch Hazel. It's definitely not alcohol-free as the alcohol smell is so strong when it's applied on my face. It claims to Cleanse, Tightens & Clears the skin, hence the 'Triple Action' name.
It comes in a big bottle of 250ml, which is quite a lot and I'm having a hard time finishing it. I've bought this ages ago but I hardly use it due to the strong alcohol smell and the harsh feeling it gives me (it's like applying alcohol to your face!) so I still have a little less than half of the bottle left.
It's refreshing after applying on your skin, and your skin may look a bit shiny afterwards, I guess it's just the result of all the excess dirt and oil being removed.
After cleansing my face with a cleanser, I wet a cotton pad with the toner to wipe my face in an upward motion, all over the face and neck, and I usually get some extra dirt on the cotton pad afterwards.

This is the back of the bottle:
OVERALL...
PROS:
*Removes excess dirt and oil after cleansing 
*Gives a cool, refreshing feel to the skin after application
*Big bottle, could last for a while

CONS:
*Smells of alcohol and smells too strong (it does fade after a while)
*Feels harsh on young skin
*Skin would be too dry afterwards if moisturiser is not applied immediately

I don't recommend this toner for young people, it could be fine to older adults or people with extremely oily skin, but for young skin like mine, I would look for a more gentle toner that's oil-free and alcohol-free. I can't wait to buy another toner after finishing this.


No comments:

Post a Comment